FONZWORTH IS ON TO SOMETHING

Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 | | Labels: , , ,

fonzworth


Fonzworth Bentley - Fireside Chat


This song is a bit old but it crept pass me.  When I recently heard it on the new G.O.O.D Mixtape, I immediately thought to myself how refreshing his presence in Hip-Hop is.  Yes, I know this is the former "man servant" of Diddy who many verbally lambasted constantly, but I respect how he has maintained his vision.  In an era where Rick Ross can get away with stealing drug dealer's names as well as being an ex police officer, it's good to see a Black college graduate promote himself as well....a Black college graduate.  His cashmere references get a bit corny but at least his propensity to talk about ascots makes a laughable moment with people in your car rather than some misogynistic overtone you may hear in another artist's song.  Plus, Greener, C.O.L.O.U.R.S, and Everybody are all good!   Surprisingly good.  C.O.L.O.U.R.S had Pimp C on it!?  I think his album will knock.


He's come along way from this:


Share

0 comments: