JUST COPPED VOL. 3

Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 | |

I've been spending too much money at Amoeba lately, at least $80 each time I go.  I think it's all worth it though.  Here is part 3 of a series that will never end.  The best "Just Copped" yet.
1. PRINCE - PURPLE RAIN [MAXI SINGLE]


When I saw this I wanted to scream.  This is a purple vinyl maxi single of PURPLE RAIN!  I'm not saying anything else.  Check out what it looks like.  I'm a G for this.  Technically, Prince is a G for this.


2. DRASTICS VS. MICHAEL JACKSON - MJ A ROCKER

This is what DJs play when they don't want to be obvious playing MJ records post his death.  This is a dub remix of his classics.  Some gems are on here, actually everything is pretty much a gem on this.  Glad I have it.  Download it HERE!

3. DAM FUNK - LET'S TAKE OFF [MAXI]

Dam Funk is a genius.  His music will keep you in a funky mood at all times.  Below is a mixtape he complied of the type of music he samples.  Oh yeah and this maxi single vinyl is the business.
DãM-FunK - Beautiful Music 4 Beautiful People by TheSmokingSection

4. RAEKWON - ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX

I bought the purple tape back when I was a kid and have been hooked on Raekwon ever since.  Always needed this so I got it.  This and the Doggystyle album below will run you at least $20 so be prepared to spend when you cop these at the same time.

5. SNOOP DOGGY DOGG - DOGGYSTYLE

Childhoood classic.  It's kind of crazy that I knew every word of this album at 11 years old.  I've been eyeing this everytime I go to the record store because my collection has been empty without it.  This album speaks for itself so you already know.

6. MAIN SOURCE - BREAKING ATOMS

I CAN'T BELIVE I HAVE THIS BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE PLAYED!  I got it because it's a classic in so many ways.  Whenever you come across albums like this, GET IT!

7. JACKSON CONTI - SUNJINHO

Aficionado Music.  Madlib + Mamao = Jackson Conti.  The legendary Hip-Hop & Jazz producer meets legendary drummer from the Brazilian group, Azymuth.  Never thought about getting this on vinyl until I saw it.  I knew I needed it.  I got it.  I'm happy.  Enjoy a selection, my favorite song on here, Sao Paulo Nights.



8. MOBB DEEP feat. NAS - IT'S MINE

This is one of me and my folk's favorite songs in high school.  I've remixed it twice.  I saw it for $2 and grabbed it without hesitation.  The video is okay sans the typical Hype Williams "Big Pimpin" pool party scenes where magically three men get to party with 30 women. 


Posting the Mobb Deep has inspired me to unleash an Early Years leftover.  I said I remixed this song twice but the public hasn't heard part 2 yet so I will drop it in 10 minutes.  Record time, right? 

Until next time, peace.Share

0 comments: